The Letters of Casa Ricordi is an open project, relying on contributions from scholars and music lovers. If you wish to cooperate, send us your transcriptions via email at: email@example.com
After due check, they twill be published online under your name.
Thank you for your generous contribution!
Here below a few suggestions to start exploring the letters.
However, our digital collection offers more than 30,000 letters. You can access it here.
• Create a Word or Open Office file.
• Use its shelfmark number as title: LLET014039; CLET001762; …
• Set in a standard font (Times New Roman, 12 pt. is preferred).
• Text should be left-justified, not fully justified. Only date, place and signature are often right-aligned.
• Respect paragraphing.
• Respect capitalization
• Respect original underlines and deletions
• Do not amend orthography or grammar. If a mistake of the author makes the text unclear or ambiguous, mark it with [sic].
• In case of uncertain reading, mark your guess between [ ].
• In case of impossible reading, mark the missing word with star keys between [ ]: [******]
Thanks to the valuable contribution of the users, the following authors have been fully transcribed:
Giuseppe Adami, Vincenzo Bellini, Isaia Billé, Arrigo Boito, Victor de Sabata, Luigi Ferrari Trecate, Giovacchino Forzano, Giuseppe Giacosa, Umberto Giordano, Claudio Guastalla, Andrea Maffei, Clara Maffei, Pietro Mascagni, Luigi Illica, Riccardo Pick-Mangiagalli, Francesco Maria Piave, Ettore Pozzoli, Giacomo Puccini, Gioachino Rossini, Temistocle Solera, Teresa Stolz, Giuseppina Strepponi, Giuseppe Verdi, Maria Waldmann